DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Test Questions With Answers and Explanations + (Added 13 More see post #16}

Is this a brain dump?
Nope. These questions are widely avilable on the net. I just put them all together. Nothing from my own noggin, so don't kill the messenger if any are wrong.

Reactions: Thomas B
Interesting.

Looks like the 107 is written by PILOTS for PILOTS not for Recreational Drone users sub 2KG class, that will not now not ever by flying within restricted airspace or landing at airfields?

Australian AROC is a REPL licence is similar.

Cheers

Nope. These questions are widely avilable on the net. I just put them all together. Nothing from my own noggin, so don't kill the messenger if any are wrong.
Going by the post title, I couldn't tell if you meant actual test questions or representative questions.

But then I've sometimes come across practice tests sanctioned by the certificate vendor whose questions were actually on the test.

Interesting.

Looks like the 107 is written by PILOTS for PILOTS not for Recreational Drone users sub 2KG class, that will not now not ever by flying within restricted airspace or landing at airfields?

Cheers

No part of Part 107 is supposed to look/sound/feel like Recreational regs.

Part 107 nor recreational rules have anything to do with "excluding" sUAS under 2kg etc. You're comparing apples to monkeys.

Interesting.

Cheers
I am currently studying for my Part 107 certification. The commercial course I am using has many, many practice questions which supposedly are the exact same ones on the FAA test. Many of these questions are the same a person would need to know for manned aircraft flight.

Many of these questions are the same a person would need to know for manned aircraft flight.

That's because in many instances we are literally sharing the same airspace as manned aircraft.

That's because in many instances we are literally sharing the same airspace as manned aircraft.

Agreed - my post was my attempt to acknowledge that we have to have much of the same knowledge as manned aircraft pilots because we are in and sharing their space

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to be studying for the test while I recover from Rotator Cuff surgery in October.

Reactions: JAW
Jaw: Fantastic! Thanks for uploading! The ones I always find difficult are the weather ones like this:

[SPECI KJFK 121853Z 18004KT 1/2SM FG R04/2200 OVC005 20/18 A3006]

Can't find a good reference on it, because I don't even know what it is called.

Reactions: GGehret and JAW
Jaw: Fantastic! Thanks for uploading! The ones I always find difficult are the weather ones like this:

This one's pretty good at reading metars:

Reactions: jag32266
Here's 13 more questions with some chart toughies:

Attachments

• 13 Part 107 Questions.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: Skywalker
I have been using a app called remote pilots. Its totally free, its called prepware,
Remote Pilot. It has 84 questions and answers on Regulations. 91 questions and answers on National Airspace System. 67 questions on Weather. 28 questions on Loading and Performance. 70 questions on Operations. For in stance, loading and performance. Question 1# Maximum endurance is obtained at the point of minimum power to maintain the aircraft.
A: in steady, level flights.
B: in long range decent
C: at its slowest possible indicated air speed. Answer is A, but if you choice B, it will mark incorrect. Very simple to use, I have it on my tablet. Then it also gives you a explanation, and a reference to where you can find the correct answer.
In this case its FAA-H-8083-25. That system is much easier then having a ton of papers to sort out.

Reactions: Luvs2Fly

Routine (or in this case a non-routine update) weather report. Just look up METAR/TAF decode (such as this https://business.desu.edu/sites/business/files/document/16/metar_and_taf_codes.pdf) for an explanation of the codes.
I would suggest purchasing any good PPL knowledge exam prep textbook - in Canada, “From the Ground Up” is the standard text.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR