DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return To Home Function Did Not Work After RC Signal Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginner, sport mode, out of line of sight and a battery at two thirds charge over a populated area?

I genuinely hope you find it but good lord I hope you learn from it.

Alright guys i found it! I f'ing found it! It was about 100-150 feet from the last known gps point. I was out putting up posters around the entire town which isn't too hard since it's a small town, and I was around the corner from the last known location when a guy stopped and read my poster and asked when it was. Told him last Sunday and he said he saw one flying and described the location which was the last known gps point ! He said it just dropped out of the sky. So I went back there with the knowledge that it didn't initiate RTH and was around the Last known GPS point. Did a much more thorough investigation since I knew it was there and found it about 3 feet deep in snow. I'm assuming the antenna that was on the tree must have immediately knocked out the signal since it was very close to the location still or just complete power loss. I would like to say how **** durable these things are tho. The gimble is definitely not attached anymore and all the blades are broken, but it still turns on and still tries to initiate flight lol thank you again everyone for the help! It's been a hell of a 3 days.

And trust me, I've learned from this. It's never ever going out of my line of sight again.

Was the battery still attached to the Mavic?

So we really don't have an explanation as to why it just fell out of the sky yet, I don't think the antenna of your talking about or a ham radio signal would cause it to drop out of the Sky, maybe you would lose your signal and then rth should kick in, but it shouldn't just drop out of the sky.
Connect to your mavic and see what you have for error messages in your general settings screen maybe there's something there that's after the last log entry when it just disconnected

By the way glad to hear you found your mavic

Since many people have tried to help you in this thread, can you please solve the riddle, read the full flight log from the Mavic and post it here?
It should have everything to stop speculations. (Though my personal one is: the battery was not fully clipped in...)

Glad to hear you found it.

Sounds like a bit of Karma for the Mavic for being a Phantom killer. (Pun intended)

Honestly, pretty scary.

Seams to me there is a real possibility that the battery was not fully seated and came loose in mid air. Certainly would explain dropping straight down and loosing connection with no warning.

Sure radio interference could make it loose contact with the RC, but it still would not drop out of the sky. I imagine that would take enough electromagnetic power to fry the internal circuits, which has not happened, as it still fires up and tries to initiate flight.

Seams to me there is a real possibility that the battery was not fully seated and came loose in mid air. Certainly would explain dropping straight down and loosing connection with no warning.

Sure radio interference could make it loose contact with the RC, but it still would not drop out of the sky. I imagine that would take enough electromagnetic power to fry the internal circuits, which has not happened, as it still fires up and tries to initiate flight.
Except on my logs, the last notification I got was a low RC signal warning. Getting that warning and then falling out of the sky can't be a coincidence. And my battery had popped out but it was right next to it, like 6 inches. It must have popped out after it hit the ground.

Since many people have tried to help you in this thread, can you please solve the riddle, read the full flight log from the Mavic and post it here?
It should have everything to stop speculations. (Though my personal one is: the battery was not fully clipped in...)
Can you put a link on here or tell me how to
Do that ? I'd be glad to but just have no idea how to

So we really don't have an explanation as to why it just fell out of the sky yet, I don't think the antenna of your talking about or a ham radio signal would cause it to drop out of the Sky, maybe you would lose your signal and then rth should kick in, but it shouldn't just drop out of the sky.
Connect to your mavic and see what you have for error messages in your general settings screen maybe there's something there that's after the last log entry when it just disconnected
The last warning I got was "home point updated RTH set at 120m"

The lesson learned here is to never fly beyond line of site.
There's no need to prove anything here as we know it can fly far.
Why prove it again?

I really don't get after reading all this , why you think what you learned is never fly out of line of sight. That's the least of what this thread told you…

I really don't get after reading all this , why you think what you learned is never fly out of line of sight. That's the least of what this thread told you…
Then explain to me what I should have learned oh wise one. Besides, don't go long distances, and don't fly in heavily populated areas?

Except on my logs, the last notification I got was a low RC signal warning. Getting that warning and then falling out of the sky can't be a coincidence. And my battery had popped out but it was right next to it, like 6 inches. It must have popped out after it hit the ground.
Still makes sense. If the battery is not fully seated and locked it can loose connection bit of course will not fall apart mid flight.
When hitting the ground it could still fully pop off..

Can you put a link on here or tell me how to
Do that ? I'd be glad to but just have no idea how to
Connect the Mavic to your computer and use DJI Assistant 2 to browse the log files.
They are pretty big files so you need to upload them to Dropbox or similar and post the link here

Glad you found it! Pretty much as I expected per my earlier post. Probably battery connection failure, battery failure, or unexplained power shutdown. Will be interesting to see the Mavic logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan