DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return To Home Function Did Not Work After RC Signal Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol it was a joke tounge in cheek lol. with no definitive cause until the boys on here get to work we cant assume anything. i am sure when u get the logs up the experts will devour every piece of data they can get their hands on. they have a pure obsession with data analysis maybe they should all work for google.

Ha Ha Thanks , I've had this chip on my shoulder since I lost me drone. Sorry about that.

055e26a3d967a139f0dd0391d865173d.jpg
only thing this shows me is that your first flight line looks quite clear but as you swing right you are very low at 36 meters, behind what looks to be a tree line and your drone is crossing sideways to you over a tree line. even at just 600 meters away i would want to be up at at least 50 meters plus and even higher depending on those tree heights. as your drone heads right it is taking the signal further behind the tree line. i will be interested to see everyone's input on the TXT file.

i have no clue what may have caused it but 36 meters height at 600 meters out with tree disruption to the signal may be what created the initial signal loss (happened to me twice now) but mine flew home fine that is the difference.

Reactions: erickx
only thing this shows me is that your first flight line looks quite clear but as you swing right you are very low at 36 meters, behind what looks to be a tree line and your drone is crossing sideways to you over a tree line. even at just 600 meters away i would want to be up at at least 50 meters plus and even higher depending on those tree heights. as your drone heads right it is taking the signal further behind the tree line. i will be interested to see everyone's input on the TXT file.

i have no clue what may have caused it but 36 meters height at 600 meters out with tree disruption to the signal may be what created the initial signal loss (happened to me twice now) but mine flew home fine that is the difference.

Thanks , I'm trying to get that file from my iPhone ...

a4d70e165565b4c52e1f6b3fb926bb49.jpg

Does anyone know if and how I can acces this file on an iPhone without iTunes ?
Please help

sorry guys i sent it in within hours of finding it. i need it fixed and sent back to me asap because i have a trip planned in indonesia may 1st and i heard the turn around time is alot longer then that
well, This is a lesson people could learn.. All these people trying to help you find out why this happened and you don't download the very piece of information needed for these people BEFORE you send the drone back to DJI? These people and myself are trying to learn how and why these failures happen. The log on your Mavic may have told us!

sorry guys i sent it in within hours of finding it. i need it fixed and sent back to me asap because i have a trip planned in indonesia may 1st and i heard the turn around time is alot longer then that
Thanks for coming back to this thread anyway.
Hope you get it back in time for the trip!

Glad you found it. I suspect it sun locked, landed in a tree and then fell. I don't really believe the "fell out of the sky" scenario (witness or not). The .DAT file (in the drone) is the critical one to get out and post to really understand what happened.

Glad you found it. I suspect it sun locked, landed in a tree and then fell. I don't really believe the "fell out of the sky" scenario (witness or not). The .DAT file (in the drone) is the critical one to get out and post to really understand what happened.
Sun was not in the direction of travel...
Why would you suspect it to lock from that?

Yes but he did not DL it before he sent the drone back...so we will never know

Betting my house that it's user error. These things don't just drop out of the sky.

well, This is a lesson people could learn.. All these people trying to help you find out why this happened and you don't download the very piece of information needed for these people BEFORE you send the drone back to DJI? These people and myself are trying to learn how and why these failures happen. The log on your Mavic may have told us!
A bit harsh as the OP did not \THINK, OH I BETTER SHARE MY LOG AT MP BEFORE I GET MY MAV REPAIRED.

Give the guy a break (mm or a new Mavic).

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs