DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sir.knight

Reactions
Any one tried this new phone yet ?
I have a galaxy A3 that won't work with the mavic pro, but my partner has the A5 (2016) which is ok, I'm thinking of upgrading to the new A5 2017 model (better camera etc) as it's new I hav'nt found any info regarding compatabilty, I don't fancy buying this relatively exspensive phone and then find I have to swop it for my partners (old) phone :( allthough she may prefer that option :(

I'm judging by the lack of replies that no one has tried the new galaxy A5 yet, my partner is pushing me to buy the new samsung, I wonder why !

We did some tests with the galaxy A5 2015 but this was not successful we lost connection and had error messages. We already used the Samsung galaxy A5 2017 for +/- 10 flights and it worked perfectly but only when airplane mode was enabled. With 4G and Wifi on we had random disconnections of the phone and also the controller disconnecting from the drone.

Reactions: martijn1975
I have been flying with A5 2017 for a month now and it seems to be working fine.

Any one tried this new phone yet ?
I have a galaxy A3 that won't work with the mavic pro, but my partner has the A5 (2016) which is ok, I'm thinking of upgrading to the new A5 2017 model (better camera etc) as it's new I hav'nt found any info regarding compatabilty, I don't fancy buying this relatively exspensive phone and then find I have to swop it for my partners (old) phone :( allthough she may prefer that option :(
How did it work out for you. My Galaxy a5, I can't get it to work with Mavic BUT two days ago it did. Go figure

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato