DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The real cost of idiots on YOUTUBE?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people here do not care. They think a $1,000 toy gives them the right to ignore every rule, law and regulation. They have no courtesy or consideration for anybody but themselves. They think that operating a drone makes them aircraft pilots with the same rights and privelages as those of us who actually hold FAA pilot certificates, ratings and endorsements (Part 107 certification does not make one an aircraft pilot).
My hope is that with real, certificated aircraft pilots constantly complaining to the FAA something more will be done to stop droneholes from posing a danger to aircraft in the air as well as people and property on the ground.
If you have proof and want to report somebody, contact the local FAA Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) or Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Yeah it's getting harder to fly legally anywhere with ever changing laws and are we as responsible pilots just losing out to this type of fool.

Reactions: Tatanka
What part of the world is the video from? Perhaps it's legal in other countries. Just saying.:rolleyes:

Without starting a full on them and us battle, I wanted to see if people understand the dangers and consequences of promoting dangerous flying.

I suppose I'm really asking should I care, should any of us care?
Yes of course we should care. If we stay silent it sends a message that we are tolerant of this behavior and we would see an increase of copycats. This may affect us law abiding flyers in the future.

However in this forum you'll find a lot of people are okay with this behaviour. I've seen it a lot here where threads drift off to xenophobic/anti-Chinese company and anti government/faa when the topic is about complying with airspace and nfz rules.

It's CRETE which is in the EU so falls under the EASA area.... So basic 120m Max and VLOS.
Ok, got ya, missed that in the video.
I just see so many of these videos on a regular basis that I don't always make note of the lacation nowadays.
I'm sure he will suffer the consequences soon enough if he keeps the video posted.

Reactions: UAVMan
.... They think that operating a drone makes them aircraft pilots with the same rights and privelages as those of us who actually hold FAA pilot certificates, ratings and endorsements (Part 107 certification does not make one an aircraft pilot).
If you have evidence that ANY of these incidents are being done by certified 107 pilots, please present it.

Reactions: Rogue.Aircraft
Yes of course we should care. If we stay silent it sends a message that we are tolerant of this behavior and we would see an increase of copycats. This may affect us law abiding flyers in the future.

However in this forum you'll find a lot of people are okay with this behaviour. I've seen it a lot here where threads drift off to xenophobic/anti-Chinese company and anti government/faa when the topic is about complying with airspace and nfz rules.
Totally agree, in general I just ignore most these videos but when people are inciting others to follow these illegal activities I'm happy to report to YT and local authority.

If you have evidence that ANY of these incidents are being done by certified 107 pilots, please present it.
107 is FAA, this is EASA authority. So some lazy useless character in Brussels just waiting for an idiot to cave a young child's head in.

Battery Discharge Overcurrent error during entire ascent! Doesn't power shutdown completely if the error continues for too long?

Reactions: Sky King
Okay, I kept waiting for an airliner to crash or for anything to actually happen considering the title of this thread. The guy went straight up above his house, not even close to any airports btw and nothing happened. As far as the "cost" goes, it looks like that would be zero. You guys sound like members of the media these days that expect every member of a group to come out and denounce any suspected wrongdoing by even their most distant members. Just because some guy buys the same drone as I do, or any drone for that matter, doesn't suddenly make me somehow responsible for his actions or puts me in a position where I can lecture him on it's use.

I belong to several sport bike forums, I own a 2006 GSXR1000, and I don't believe it to be my duty to scour the web for squids doing stupid stuff and denouncing it. Anymore than I feel the need to denounce every burnout on the Pontiac forums just because I own one. I own several guns but I don't become outraged every time someone gets shot. When did strolling into Best Buy and purchasing a drone suddenly draft me into the Internet Drone Police? What would you have us do, start a flame war with anyone that flies over 400' or out of line of sight on Facebook or YouTube? Again, how does the fact that we both own a similar product give you the right to lecture me on it's use? Or me you? Is everyone here honestly prepared to swear that they've never lost line of sight with their Mavic? I do almost every time I fly! The dang thing is tiny and it has a 4 mile range!

I wouldn't fly quite this high myself but we don't know the particulars. Show of hands, those that have been to Crete... Yep, I have at least a dozen times. There are 3 airports that have very specific flight paths that send planes out to sea immediately. The plausibility of a 2x1x.5 object occupying the same space as an airplane is extremely low. Upon take off a commercial airliner climbs at about 2000 feet per minute or more. Helium balloons fly as high as 5 miles, perhaps fines should be levied every time one is released? I've been to events where they've released hundreds, if not thousands of balloons. How many airliners have crashed? None that I know of. How many airliners/airplanes/helicopters/ultralights/hang gliders/hot air balloons/etc have crashed because of drones? None that I know of.

Yeah it's getting harder to fly legally anywhere with ever changing laws and are we as responsible pilots just losing out to this type of fool.

I've never had any trouble flying wherever I want. I really don't see this huge negative attitude towards drones. In fact, every time I fly I'm greeted with curiosity and compliments. I just don't see it anywhere, well anywhere but here, that is. If there ever is any anti drone legislation it'll be penned by one of you!

@Lon Denard - thank you for shedding some intellect on this nonstop nonsense. You saved me from posting similar concepts and ideas. Frankly, I'm just bored with this kind of media hyped garbage. If the guy who shot the video in question scares any of you, even slightly, stop watching the news. It's killing your otherwise healthy and normal thought processes.

@Lon Denard - thank you for shedding some intellect on this nonstop nonsense. You saved me from posting similar concepts and ideas. Frankly, I'm just bored with this kind of media hyped garbage. If the guy who shot the video in question scares any of you, even slightly, stop watching the news. It's killing your otherwise healthy and normal thought processes.

Yea to be honest...that footage was DOPE AS HELL!!! I'm sorry but that was some seriously spectacular video! I won't fly that high for fear of losing my drone but dang if that didn't look awesome. Ahh... that's their problem, because it looks so cool, they believe it will encourage others to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe