DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

0snowboarder

Reactions
So flew my mavic about 7 times

Had it in my back pack and i think gimbel got knocked as i didbt hsve protection on it.

I get gimbel overload. Wont calibrate passed 31%

And it makes this knocking noise see video

Video

Im yet to replace the ribbon cable

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
So flew my mavic about 7 times

Had it in my back pack and i think gimbel got knocked as i didbt hsve protection on it.

I get gimbel overload. Wont calibrate passed 31%

And it makes this knocking noise see video

Video

Im yet to replace the ribbon cable
Shot in the dark... is the camera base caught on the limit tabs?

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
So I did a quick search of this forum and found "THIS GUY" got it repaired by DJI (under warranty) . . . it does sound like its a ribbon issue. Hope this helps ;) Thumbswayup !!

There's your problem. Lesson learned. Unfortunately, that gimbal lock/guard needs to be on at all times when it's not in the air, it's very delicate; especially during transport.

DJI gimbal lock/cover isn't the best design and I bought 2 of these that are way easier:

Repair the gimbal by replacing it then protect that thing every time.

Good luck!

There's your problem. Lesson learned. Unfortunately, that gimbal lock/guard needs to be on at all times when it's not in the air, it's very delicate; especially during transport.

DJI gimbal lock/cover isn't the best design and I bought 2 of these that are way easier:

Repair the gimbal by replacing it then protect that thing every time.

Good luck!
Yeah totally. Laziness cost me a small fortune. ?

@0snowboarder i have one of those for my MPP if you look at the picks in the advert it has not been fitted properly,the two small lugs are supposed to slide in the back of the gimbal where the original lock went and then when the cover is clipped in place the camera will be facing straight ahead and secure

@0snowboarder i have one of those for my MPP if you look at the picks in the advert it has not been fitted properly,the two small lugs are supposed to slide in the back of the gimbal where the original lock went and then when the cover is clipped in place the camera will be facing straight ahead and secure
Not sure im following. What do you suggest?

I'm not following either, is he talking about my recommendation? I have 2 of those and they lock the gimbal and cover it with 1 piece. They are just as effective as DJI's.

I've had my MPP since 2017 with the lock/cover I posted and it's been on 3 flights across the US; handled by baggage handlers each time. Even worse, it's also been on countless trips in a 25' offshore center console taking a full beating from swells while traveling at 45mph. I hike a ton and have shoved the MPP in my backpack with just the gimbal lock/cover covering 15+ miles on an average hike. Never had an issue.

The piece I posted locks the gimbal and covers it. I have 2 because at 1 point an earlier piece I had broke after 1.5 years of use which forced me to use DJI's. Learned my lesson and ordered 2, 1 for use and 1 as a backup.Mavic.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JimCanada
i think gimbel got knocked as i didbt hsve protection on it.

This explains further about why your problem exists, from your other post on this . . .

Please don't create 2 threads for something.

Not sure im following. What do you suggest?
what i am talking about, is if you click on the link in post #5 for the cover and gimbal lock ,the picture in the link shows it incorrectly fitted, the two prongs are supposed to slide at the back of the gimbal tha same as the original locking clamp did

if you click on the link in post #5 for the cover and gimbal lock ,the picture in the link shows it incorrectly fitted, the two prongs are supposed to slide at the back of the gimbal tha same as the original locking clamp did

Indeed, what a bad mistake for that advert.

I still use my original separate gimbal clamp and gimbal cover, really the idea of the one piece did appeal to me at one time, but I thought it might be more awkward to get it on right with both together in one operation.
Used to using both now, and as long as I take them off and place in an empty compartment in the backpack when flying, all good.

Reactions: old man mavic
what i am talking about, is if you click on the link in post #5 for the cover and gimbal lock ,the picture in the link shows it incorrectly fitted, the two prongs are supposed to slide at the back of the gimbal tha same as the original locking clamp did

Indeed, what a bad mistake for that advert.

I still use my original separate gimbal clamp and gimbal cover, really the idea of the one piece did appeal to me at one time, but I thought it might be more awkward to get it on right with both together in one operation.
Used to using both now, and as long as I take them off and place in an empty compartment in the backpack when flying, all good.

I just posted a photo of my setup which shows it sliding behind the gimbal and locking it. I also just posted that I have been using it for almost 3 years in conditions most people don't put their UAS through and it has held the gimbal just fine.

What you're putting out is opinion based on a few photos you saw with nothing to backup what you're saying.

I just posted a photo of my setup which shows it sliding behind the gimbal and locking it. I also just posted that I have been using it for almost 3 years in conditions most people don't put their UAS through and it has held the gimbal just fine.

What you're putting out is opinion based on a few photos you saw with nothing to backup what you're saying.

It was a remark by OMM and myself about the advert photo, showing a misfitted, aftermarket, dual purpose gimbal clamp / cover.
Nothing more or less.

It could have been possible the OP had his misfitted like the photo.
Or more likely the OP simply didn't have anything fitted to hold the gimbal inside a bag while travelling, as posted in the other thread post #12.

(This is why 2 threads for the same issue is no a good idea, info is split up and confusing, wastes peoples time.)

Edit - FWIW, you can easily misfit a std clamp like this too, but it's more obvious when it is not placed correctly.

. This is why 2 threads for the same issue is no a good idea, info is split up and confusing, wastes peoples time.)
Exactly if anyone catches one before it gets to long please
report it guys so we can stop it.?

@ChrisOutdoors it was in no way a comment about your post, i looked at the link from post #5 and saw that the cover had not been fitted properly in the pics ,so i merely brought it to peoples attention if it was fitted the way it showed in the listing, then it could still allow the gimbal to move or even put strain on the cables

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisOutdoors
I had a buddy that crash into a stop sign with his, had the same problem. I actually just lightly bent the fumble back to normal and it all worked. Is this the best option, maybe not, but he hasn’t had a problem since that date

@ChrisOutdoors...i looked at the link from post #5 and saw that the cover had not been fitted properly in the pics... if it was fitted the way it showed in the listing, then it could still allow the gimbal to move or even put strain on the cables

I agree with you @old man mavic that Amazon’s first pic shows the wrong way to install this well-designed, one-piece gimbal cover. I have the very same unit on my MP and I installed it incorrectly the first time, just like their picture:
4B02D4E0-9C47-4FFA-BF8C-AB7BC8E8FB2A.jpeg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242