DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where did you order your Mavic Air 2 from and why?

Just purchased mine from Best Buy. Can't really stand the company, but it has the get it by 5/11 date.

Gotcha! Was wondering if you had inside information. If this goes like everything else i preorder, the company ships it in time for you to receive it on the launch day. Where places like Amazon can’t start selling until the launch day meaning you would not get it until at least the 12/13th with Prime.
Guess you missed the Mavic Mini launch debacle? You were able to walk into a retailer and buy one before some pre-orders from DJI were shipped.

I originally ordered from DJI and my order was complete 57 seconds after it went live. I chatted with them last Wednesday and was told my Fly More Combo would not ship until at least May 19th while Best Buy is saying they will have it to me by launch day, May 11th.

Guess you missed the Mavic Mini launch debacle? You were able to walk into a retailer and buy one before some pre-orders from DJI were shipped.

I originally ordered from DJI and my order was complete 57 seconds after it went live. I chatted with them last Wednesday and was told my Fly More Combo would not ship until at least May 19th while Best Buy is saying they will have it to me by launch day, May 11th.

I missed it. What was the launch date and how much before that could you buy from a retailer? Was it all retailers or just a few?

Buying directly from DJI does not insure you get yours first. You best hope is know which retailer will ship to you get it on the launch date (or a brick & mortar).

Also a B&H customer. Started with cameras and audio gear. They help when you need it, even after the sale which is nice. Don't forget the add on's, kit and get yourself a few extra pairs of rotors. I went thru a few pairs fairly quickly ah..hmmm.. learning the ropes.

Common sense. Oh, and a few years around the supply chain world. It's not like product magically just shows up. DJI sends allotments to retailers early, retailers have a signed agreement to not release until a certain date.

If you break that agreement there's a good chance you won't get an allotment next time.

Sounds like retailers don't have stock yet and won't get them in until around may 15th... At least according to Empire Drone Company. They are anticipating shipping around may 18th. So I am now expecting eta at the end of the month.

I missed it. What was the launch date and how much before that could you buy from a retailer? Was it all retailers or just a few?

Buying directly from DJI does not insure you get yours first. You best hope is know which retailer will ship to you get it on the launch date (or a brick & mortar).
It wasn't that you could buy one before launch date but third party retailers like Best Buy had them in stock in their brick & mortars before DJI had even shipped pre-orders that were placed first day. Some pre-orders took weeks after launch to ship.

I definitely know buying directly from a manufacture never guarantees you'll get it first.

Sounds like retailers don't have stock yet and won't get them in until around may 15th... At least according to Empire Drone Company. They are anticipating shipping around may 18th. So I am now expecting eta at the end of the month.
I be willing to bet that the bigger retailers like Best Buy, B&H, and Amazon already have stock. Smaller independent drone companies might still be waiting on stock.

My guess is assuming they are released on the 11th, that best buy warehouses are probably getting stock this week. If they were going to have in stores, then I'd say earlier but since they are not shipping to stores probably just getting stock, so they will know when to cut off the guaranteed release day availability

Hi Folks. I am new to Mavic. Was as of yesterday a former Phantom 4 Pro owner. I may be the first to post that I bought mine directly from the DJI Store. No sales tax and free shipping. I ordered the Fly More Combo. Hopefully buying from DJI isn't considered a bad idea since it doesn't seem anyone else bought from there.

I've always loved the compact appeal of the Mavic but have been waiting for them to offer 4k/60fps and when I saw the MA2 had it, I knew it was time to make the switch. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Looking forward to learning and sharing my experience with it on this forum.

I ordered my Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo, 128 Micro SD Card, and DJI Care refresh from DJI as well, taxes included and free shipping. Ordered my first Phantom from there a few years back with no hassles.

OmniViewTech near Toronto, Canada. Got my Spark there a few years back. They have a lowest price (Canada) guarantee, they have onsite service, and great customer service.
omniviewtech.ca

Reactions: Parrotoid
Same here. No refund after five days for me either. DJI is usually very quick to make refunds when you cancel an order. I did this with the Mavic Mini and had my refund two days later.

Nope, no refund here yet either. Cancelled on the 1st, Saturday the order status updated to "refunding" and that is what it currently shows today.

I canceled from DJI on April 30th and still dont have my refund even though they said 1-3 days. Has anyone else gotten theirs?

I had to call twice to get my order cancelled. I did the first chat on 05/01 and said I had found a better deal for the drone. Didn't get confirmation email.
I did the chat again on 05/03 and said I wanted to cancel because I was saving for the Mavic 2. I got a cancellation confirmation within 5 minutes. My CC was refunded yesterday.

I had to call twice to get my order cancelled. I did the first chat on 05/01 and said I had found a better deal for the drone. Didn't get confirmation email.
I did the chat again on 05/03 and said I wanted to cancel because I was saving for the Mavic 2. I got a cancellation confirmation within 5 minutes. My CC was refunded yesterday.

Better Deal??

Reactions: FMata
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman