DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does my cat chew my props?

Wonder if they make those lightweight storage bins large enough? Wouldn't us it to transport the drone but it could keep the cat out.

Cats that like to chew plastic may be doing so in an attempt to relieve some sort of pain. Watch for signs of excessive drooling, also known as hyper salivation. My cat, who loved to chew plastic bags of all sorts, developed an oral tumor. It turned out to be an inoperable squamous cell carcinoma. I could only keep her comfortable with pain meds as the tumor grew and grew, pushing her tongue to one side and making it increasingly difficult to eat and drink until euthanasia was the only resort. Cats do need dental care at the vet - don't skip a routine exam. Even with a dental cleaning in September, my covid companion cat-nap nap-cat was deceased by January.

Our two cats like to chew, and scratch, on several household items, it's what cats do. Both of them seem to have a 'thing' for my hiking boots laces. I am (I think?) more intelligent than they are, so anything that I leave out that they can chew on is my fault , not theirs. So far they haven't bothered with my drones. Easiest solution is to put stuff where they can't get at it. The phrase 'it's like trying to herd cats' exists for very good reason. 😆

Cats love plastic things, especially plastic bags. There is something in the chemicals use to make plastic that they like, that's why they chew things of plastic.

Reactions: slozukimc
Cat’s gonna do, what a cat’s gonna do…
If the drone has scared them, then they’re going to do what they can, to disable it.
My cat Lillie, was traumatized. When my wife was going to school.
She’d be gone all week, and only come home every other weekend.
I’d call her every day(On speakerphone with my cellphone), when she was gone, and Lillie got the idea, that the phone had taken her.
Since then, she has ruined 3 iPhone screens chewing on the phones.
It’s so bad, I had to put the charger for the phone in a plastic pencil box, to protect it from her!
She HATES cellphones! Because they too her mommy!!!

Bottom line? Animals aren’t as dumb as you’d think…

Reactions: bobj151
Same here with my Maine Coon ,loves to chew those charging cables .
I often wonder if the Maine Coon and Weegee are somehow related.

Yours may be more of a question for a veterinarian or a pet owners forum Than for a drone forum.

Cat’s gonna do, what a cat’s gonna do…
If the drone has scared them, then they’re going to do what they can, to disable it.
My cat Lillie, was traumatized. When my wife was going to school.
She’d be gone all week, and only come home every other weekend.
I’d call her every day(On speakerphone with my cellphone), when she was gone, and Lillie got the idea, that the phone had taken her.
Since then, she has ruined 3 iPhone screens chewing on the phones.
It’s so bad, I had to put the charger for the phone in a plastic pencil box, to protect it from her!
She HATES cellphones! Because they too her mommy!!!

Bottom line? Animals aren’t as dumb as you’d think…
No they are not dumb at all. They use logic. Strange cat logic but logic none the less.

Things like knowing exactly what time to go sit on the window sill and wait for Mom to come home every day.

Mike

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky