DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Android Tablet that you tested its Work ?

No I'm still using go3 but it better work with go 4 because I bought another new s2 just to have it dedicated to the mavic.

Please try it and let me know ....

Please try it and let me know ....
The only reason I haven't tried it is because my Mavic has been flawless with the old app. I'm new to all this drone/firmware stuff. Since I have 2 tab s2,s I thought about installing go4 on the one I don't fly with and seeing how it works, and if I don't like it keep using the old one. But to try out go4 I'm sure I'll have to do a firmare update on the mavic and the batteries, and I don't know if I don't like it if I can go back to the old. And if I can do I have to do another firmware/ battery update.

The only reason I haven't tried it is because my Mavic has been flawless with the old app. I'm new to all this drone/firmware stuff. Since I have 2 tab s2,s I thought about installing go4 on the one I don't fly with and seeing how it works, and if I don't like it keep using the old one. But to try out go4 I'm sure I'll have to do a firmare update on the mavic and the batteries, and I don't know if I don't like it if I can go back to the old. And if I can do I have to do another firmware/ battery update.

I am sure the FW is not directly linked to the DJI GO version ... after you install 4 on your other s2 you just ignore the update FW message as you must be doing the same in the Version 3 you are using now ??

I am on the latest FW with the GO 4 app

You can install and use DJI GO 4 without installing new firmware.

You can install and use DJI GO 4 without installing new firmware.
So just to make sure I understand, I can use go4 with the firmware I'm already using with the go3? If so I'm confused is it the go4 app that people are having issues with or the firmware they are using with the app?
Ps.. I just looked at the review for this app and it's terrible, why would anyone want to use this app, when the old app and firmware seems to work perfectly for me.?

Last edited:
So just to make sure I understand, I can use go4 with the firmware I'm already using with the go3? If so I'm confused is it the go4 app that people are having issues with or the firmware they are using with the app?
Ps.. I just looked at the review for this app and it's terrible, why would anyone want to use this app, when the old app and firmware seems to work perfectly for me.?
I have no issues at all with the GO 4 app ...

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I just looked at the review for this app and it's terrible, why would anyone want to use this app, when the old app and firmware seems to work perfectly for me.?
You know how reviews go though... most users who are having good experiences are not motivated to review the app. They're too busy out flying ;)

Reactions: RAFALE
OK I downloaded go4 and it loaded fine, it says the firmware is up to date, I don't understand how it could be since I'm still using the firmware from go3..? Anyway I do get a warning that says your mobile wifi is on 2.4 ghz conflicting with remote, disabled wifi or change image. Is this common? I've not seen that warning before, should I just disable wifi? Anyway I'll fly just as soon as I get a chance.

I haven't got a Mavic yet but will have, I purchased a Nexus 7 (2013) for the sole purpose of using on the Mavic because of its very bright screen, it's fairly fast and supposedly will fit in the Mavic RC? (Oh and it's cheap:)). I've been using a iPad Air 2 on my Phantom 4 which works great but is a bit restrictive due to iOS. I tried the N7 a couple of days ago and seemed pretty great, a plus with android is there are plenty of screen recording programs, I use EZ and also Tasker which allows you to set up actions I.e. Voice reminder to turn video record on before flying and to fire up EZ Screen Recorder.

The downside is, not as smooth and reliable as the iPad, I seem to be getting a little video breakup while the aircraft is in the air, I'm experiment with the wireless channels at the moment to see if it gets better.

Happy Flying

Nick

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

OK I downloaded go4 and it loaded fine, it says the firmware is up to date, I don't understand how it could be since I'm still using the firmware from go3..? Anyway I do get a warning that says your mobile wifi is on 2.4 ghz conflicting with remote, disabled wifi or change image. Is this common? I've not seen that warning before, should I just disable wifi? Anyway I'll fly just as soon as I get a chance.

Remember the firmware has nothing to do with the version of the app you are useing. .. this is for the drone, controller and batteries only

I have a Samsung Tab S 10.5 and i am also going to try it with this.

Argh!! I emailed and chatted with DJI, I was told each time that the USB A connect was for apple only. After reading your advise here, I tried another cable and the TAB 4 with DJI go 4 works just fine.

It is weird. I tired so many cable combinations from the side micro USB connector to my phone or TAB 4, but the only cable that will work is the short cable that came with the remote.
It must be some different wiring scheme in the cable. DJI chat guy told me that no one there knows the cable pin out or configuration. I was going to attempt to make my my own longer cable.

Know just have to figure out how to power the controller and phone so it doesn't run down so fast.

Thank you so much to those that posted and messaged me. :)

Argh!! I emailed and chatted with DJI, I was told each time that the USB A connect was for apple only. After reading your advise here, I tried another cable and the TAB 4 with DJI go 4 works just fine.

It is weird. I tired so many cable combinations from the side micro USB connector to my phone or TAB 4, but the only cable that will work is the short cable that came with the remote.
It must be some different wiring scheme in the cable. DJI chat guy told me that no one there knows the cable pin out or configuration. I was going to attempt to make my my own longer cable.

Know just have to figure out how to power the controller and phone so it doesn't run down so fast.

Thank you so much to those that posted and messaged me. :)
Glad you got it workingI don't notice my tab/ controller running down fast at all.

Reactions: Brianna
Just ordered the Samsung Tab S2 8" since they are on sale til Christmas for only $249. Can't beat that.

£299.99 is the best i can find .......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929