DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beudiful

Reactions
Dudeeeees, I am new here! What's up yall? I am from Sweden but will spend a few weeks in NYC starting in the next few days.

Sooo I have read tons about drones and whether they are legal or not and there are sites that say NO (there are some legal parks in BK and Queens according to those sites) and then you have Casey Neistat in a youtube vid explaining this summer how he is flying legally. I am confused...

Has any of you ever been fined for droning in NY/NJ?

Also, most importantly... i am looking for drone buddies to fly with!!! I am considering the park in NJ overlooking NYC but droning from a private boat would be the ultimate..??!

Check me out on Insta, I am @Beudiful over here. Pls DM me on Insta if you wanna head out and flyyy! I will be in NJ Aug 28 for sure.

Dudeeeees, I am new here! What's up yall? I am from Sweden but will spend a few weeks in NYC starting in the next few days.

Sooo I have read tons about drones and whether they are legal or not and there are sites that say NO (there are some legal parks in BK and Queens according to those sites) and then you have Casey Neistat in a youtube vid explaining this summer how he is flying legally. I am confused...

Also, most importantly... i am looking for drone buddies to fly with!!! I am considering the park in NJ overlooking NYC but droning from a private boat would be the ultimate..??!

Check me out on Insta, I am @Beudiful over here. Pls DM me on Insta if you wanna head out and flyyy! I will be in NJ Aug 28 for sure.
Howdy from Wyoming @Beudiful , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Hey dude... I live here... in nyc... what do you need to know?
You can fly without worry in some areas.
The dji geofencing will not allow you to take off if you are in a no fly zone.
Enjoy your time in the big apple

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your trip to NYC, Fly safe and have fun!

Hey dude... I live here... in nyc... what do you need to know?
You can fly without worry in some areas.
The dji geofencing will not allow you to take off if you are in a no fly zone.
Enjoy your time in the big apple
Thanks! Where can you fly? I would like to shoot as near downtown or mudtown Manhattan as possible, ideally. Cheers

Thanks! Where can you fly? I would like to shoot as near downtown or mudtown Manhattan as possible, ideally. Cheers
Midtown is off limits. You would need to shoot from across the water in Jersey. The NFZ over Manhattan covers all of midtown. I would suggest downloading AirMap. This app will give you a good idea of what is possible and what is not.

9AD058EC-E3AC-406A-9F6C-912735E5CF12.png
This is what manhattan looks like from a geofencing perspective... stay out of those circles and you will be fine.

He can call the near airport too and ask for a waiver to fly.

Welcome From Chicago. Good to check before you fly.
Mavic Pilots Forum is a good tool to help you gain knowledge and confidence when and where you fly your drone. Besides this forum you can get info on Mavic Help
and Mavic tips. Covers a large variety of questions that have been asked. Blue skies and safe flying.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S