DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fix Controller Buzzer in 10 Minutes "Easy"

FlightClub

Reactions
I have an easy fix for the Mavic Pro Controller Buzzer, "FlightClub Easy Fix".

If you hate the annoying Controller Beeping when you enable RTH on the Mavic Pro Controller I can give you a solution to make it an adjustable volume or completely disable it. Late last night, I performed the modification to my controller. Today I am happy to report, that after performing three full battery flight tests; the annoying Controller beeper has been defeated, and that the Mavic and Controller, operate perfectly as designed....... minus the annoying, ill-wanted, nerve-racking, neighbor-attention grabbing beeping sound. And, if you follow my directions precisely, you will have complete control to easily set the volume to any desired level, including the ability to completely disable it. I am extremely pleased with the results, and the flying experience is much more enjoyable!
I have created an easy to follow procedure with diagrams and complete tool & material list, which requires no special technical abilities and that can be performed with tools & materials that are readily available.
To ensure the modification is a success, it is imperative that measurements for the centerhole are carefully executed and most importantly, THAT THE WHOLE IS DRILLED BY HAND, per the procedure. And to be perfectly clear, the hole is to be drilled by placing the drill bit in one's hand, and then the hole is created by applying pressure while twisting the drill bit with your fingers into the back of the controller until the metal piezo element is visible. Once you can see the metal disk, use less pressure on the drill bit to clear the remaining Contoller plastic until it is a full 2.4mm in diameter.
Enjoy the peace and quietThumbswayup
FlightClub Mavic Beeper Mod.png

Last edited:
I will post a link to the video I am making tomorrow. After tearing into my Controller, I have developed a easy volume control modification, that can be installed for 10 cents and 5-10 minutes of your time.

Reactions: Harryw
If it is possible, I will go for it. That sound is Annoying and makes the situation more stressful for the pilot.

Folks,

Late last night, I performed the modification to the controller. Today I am happy to report, that after performing a full flight test; the annoying Controller beeper has been defeated, and that the Mavic and Controller, operate perfectly as designed....... minus the annoying, ill-wanted, nerve-racking, neighbor-attention grabbing beeping sound. And, if you follow my directions precisely, you will have complete control to easily set the volume level to any desired level, including the ability to completely disable it. I am extremely pleased with the results, and the flying experience is much more enjoyable!
I am creating a very easy to follow procedure with diagrams and a complete tool & material list which requires no special technical abilities with tools & materials that are readily available.
Stay TunedThumbswayup

I have modified my original post with the full procedure, I put the procedure in the original post so that it could be found easily.
Enjoy!

pretty ingenuitive for adjusting the volume :)

If i tackle it i will just stick some blutak in the speaker as ive done with my motherboards all these years.
Some gasket glue would make the hole a bit more asthetic also

I'm gonna be very surprised by how many people are going to drill a hole into thier controller, without knowing whats actually under the attempted hole, and then just fill the whole with a screw and silicone. I would presume there would be a more advanced cure for this problem then to start drilling holes in the equipment.

If it is possible, I will go for it. That sound is Annoying and makes the situation more stressful for the pilot.

That's the key word. It's "Annoying".
I do not find it to be too loud, I like the fact that it grabs my attention. What I wish was that DJI would allow the user to either mute it after the first warning or cut down on the repetitiveness of it.

I'm gonna be very surprised by how many people are going to drill a hole into thier controller, without knowing whats actually under the attempted hole, and then just fill the whole with a screw and silicone. I would presume there would be a more advanced cure for this problem then to start drilling holes in the equipment.

do you have another solution?
Its a bit pragmatic, but outside of firmware, its the only way to mute the controller.
I doubt that i will do it, but others can choose to now.

I would have thought DJI respect their pilots enough to give them a mute setting for this.
have a warning when turning it off, w/e, but do have a setting. Its our controller

I agree, a volume control would be great. Maybe a software update in the future?

Well conceived, measured and documented. Definitely bookmarked.
As soon as I get sufficiently bugged I will do this.

Last edited:
DJI apparently doesn't appreciate the fact that repetitive alarms are tuned out after time; that's basic human nature.

They do know, because I just told them. And I wouldn't fill the hole with silicon either per the procedure.

Reactions: sonof40
do you have another solution?
Its a bit pragmatic, but outside of firmware, its the only way to mute the controller.
I doubt that i will do it, but others can choose to now.

I would have thought DJI respect their pilots enough to give them a mute setting for this.
have a warning when turning it off, w/e, but do have a setting. Its our controller
I couldn't agree with you more, DJI could and should give us the ability to disable the Buzzer, however I would bet my last dollar on the fact that they will never give you an adjustable volume option because they can't do it with software. To provide the ability of an adjustable volume, would require a hardware driver board because the buzzer is a Piezoelectric Device...not going to happen.
Perhaps DJI may not give us the ability to disable it via software because of liability issues. However, this is an "Option" which means, you may not want to do this, and that's ok with everyone, no more right or wrong then to perform the modification.

A half way intelligent person could do this no problem but new "cool factor" the Mavic has created has brought a wave a morons to the drone world. This wave or morons will no question screw this up and send a screw straight through the controller and out the other side.

Props for figuring out a fix (and I like the way it accomplished it) but I don't think this will end well for a good deal of people who do try it.

Reactions: Flash1034

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb