DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Verizondrone28

Reactions
Can anyone recommend a good iPad mount for the new Mavic Air controller? The current Mavmount that fits the Pro and Spark controllers does not fit the Air controller because of the new joystick storage area. Looking to use an iPad Mini with it. I don’t like the idea of squeezing the iPad between the grips and would prefer to have the iPad above the controller. What was nice about the Mavmount was the bottom lip that provided some leverage on the bottom of the controller.

Last edited:
Thank you, msinger. For the MavMount, it appears that I already have the 3.0 version and it definitely does not fit the Air - even though the MavMount website says it does. The lip that is supposed to go underneath the center part of the controller is short in that area. Because of that, the mount is somewhat loose between the grips because it isn’t locked in and centered with that lip. I’m getting some left and right movement with an iPad attached as well as the mount working it’s way out of the grips if I move around. The other mounts would appear to have the same issues since those are just square mounts that fit between the grips and don’t get locked in to the controller.

Attachments

• EE8D6CDB-B2CE-411A-B2CC-41ED03152100.jpeg
    EE8D6CDB-B2CE-411A-B2CC-41ED03152100.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 59
When did you buy your MavMount?

When did you buy your MavMount?

Just a few days ago from Drone World. The MavMount is in a Drone World box and only says “For Mavic and Spark” on it. No version number on their website either but, visually, it appears to have the same exact footprint as the 3.0 version on the MavMount website. Same skeleton, same thickness, same lip. The knob on the ball head looks slightly different but that’s it.

It sounds like Drone World sent you the version 2.0. MavMount just announced the rough draft of the MavMount 3.0 was ready 8 days ago (see this thread), so I'm assuming it couldn't have been sent to production and then also shipped out to all resellers (and then to you) in that short time frame.

Reactions: Verizondrone28
It sounds like Drone World sent you the version 2.0. MavMount just announced the rough draft of the MavMount 3.0 was ready 8 days ago (see this thread), so I'm assuming it couldn't have been sent to production and then also shipped out to all resellers (and then to you) in that short time frame.

BOOYAA!!! Thank you so much!! That definitely clears it up!

Sound good! It has great reviews.

I got the Skyreat Compact, very happy with it on my iPad Mini. Paired it with a Hooshion sun hood (7.9") for a portable and effective solution.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan