DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

also on a side note I may try the FCC Go app 4 "tweak" to get my controller output to 1.5 watts However I am using a ipad mini 4 so doing that tweak is a little harder to do on ios compare to android version. but I will try to get it to work if I do I will do a distance test and will post it on here :)

Reactions: Rnl
It does help and controller doesn't get that hot. Had my daughter do mine.

It does help and controller doesn't get that hot. Had my daughter do mine.

good to know but I wont be trying it cause I cant get the proxy and iTunes to work I don't get the same screen as the guy in the video does...I have spend the last hour trying...

So it back to the hardware mods once all my parts come in :)

I think I have figure out the ios fcc mod....if so I will try a test flight later today

great info, i have a question? i have a tracker with same holder but apparently it gives GPS and IMU signals problems, i never realised until i came across this video and binned the holder and placed it in same place as this guy as done, how you manage not to get the errors like mine back there.

calibrate the compass with the tracker in place that is what I did... and so far I have no problems

Reactions: ziceman
as for my amp build my parts are slowly coming in this build will take some time but I will be installing a digital display for EACH amp that will monitor current/voltage this way I will know if a amp is bad cause it wont be drawing the current like it uses to.

I will also make it easy to switch out amps if need for replacements or to upgraded :)

as soon as I get all my parts in I will be starting :)

Reactions: Guest 45469
Are you doing 4 amps. both sides, or 8 on rx side?

That's a good idea although they usually come with lights that show power and send/receive.

just a light may not tell you if the amp is weak you may be able to tell that by the current draw

Are you doing 4 amps. both sides, or 8 on rx side?

both sides 4 amps for now intill the get the 8 watt figure out sounds like they are shipping 5w and not 8 watts !

Titan sending me new amp. Should have it Monday.

Titan sending me new amp. Should have it Monday.

cool great to hear!! I got 4.1.12 installed with fcc mod if weather is nice hope to test later! :)

ok I verified that my 4.1.12 is reading the config file so next step is to test when the weather is good! :)

@Rnl is right ios for me

I ended up making a mount for my amps on a camera tripod

what watts amps you using? how does it work how much further can you go?

that's what I thought by the pic...how it working for ya? do you see a lot more in distance?

They have been working great for my neighbor and I.
He’s had a 18000ft flight and I’ve been 16700ft. We are playing with antennas right now. Video goes before control signal. But I think the gains are Great considering we have about $125 in boosters and antennas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO