DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

well I tried the one mod and I ran a test today it didn't seem any better.. so I am going to try the other mod and test tomn...I wondering if the firmware in the remote controller has something to do with it too? I am running the newer version of firmware in the controller..

Well I was able to get two more flights in so I test the other two mods hum I am not sure if its really doing that much or not :( I may have to buy a RF watt meter however the mods may not be boosting the video link so when I start to loose video I stop going any further. So maybe I am stopping to soon I don't loose controller link ...hum I may have to do some more testing!!

what firmware in the remote controller? maybe new firmware wont let ya run that ?

I am running newest firmware on RC and AC and 1.5watt one

hummm I been reading its a mix results with the ios! some it work for some it don't... I am not sure if its ios version or firmware with AC amd/or RC issue? will have to do some more checking around

I did get the 32 channel and fcc mod to work ( I went into the go app and saw the channel numbers) soo I know its reading the file....I am wondering if its a firmware issue may need to down grade it

more parts came in today :) 4 watt amps, 15dbi omni antennas, pigtails ( cables ) for inside the remote controller. I am still waiting for more parts :(

parts.JPG

Reactions: ghost
all the parts I have to date as of 3/26/18, hopefully later this week more parts will come in :)

all parts.JPG

Last edited:
parts that are still coming are digital displays, battery, pigtails, I have to also figure out how I want to "lay" this out too!! meaning what size, type of plastic box or maybe no box?? hum not sure yet..lol

Last edited:
if I get time I will mod my remote and do a distance test with just the antennas I got without amps and see how much better it does compare to stock antenna well hopefully it will be better than stock..lol

I got the stock remote modded I have the 9dbi ants on there in this picture

sorry for the bad pic camera is old...lol

9dbi ant.JPG

also as you can see in the pic ( well kinda of lol ) I make a bracket this will be using to hold the amps when I get that far OR it can be used to help hold the antenna in position...I have to make a plastic bracket ( don't want to use metal for that) for the antenna that will clap onto the antenna itself then it will have arm that will hook to the bracket on the remote bracket.... which I will really need for the 15dbi antennas!! there are long and don't want to hold there position very well!!!

battery with charger came in today! :) I got the 9800mah one its a big battery But I will have a few things hooked to it..hum maybe the 4,000mah would of been fine too!

battery.JPG

I hooked up the amps just to make sure they work yup the right side of the remote must be for RX cause I don't see it TX like I do on the left side ( the green light flashs when it TX)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian