DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

I haven't played with adapter so I will have to find out how will it works...

Never thought of that, and not to bad on price. Now you got me thinking again, darn you.

lol I know!! BUT should check around to make sure that kit is a good one...price is not bad at all !

do you have a gps tracker on your bird?

No waiting to get the (ping) looks perfect

If I had a tracker I'd even try a one way trip just to see results

I have as much in accessories as I do the bird if not more.

ohhh yes I am getting there to on that!!! its funny when I got it I said NOPE I will not mod this!!! ya right!! lol

I have done RC planes, cars, buggies nitro, gas version for many years and yup I mod those too!! lol lol

Reactions: Rnl
I got my digital displays in today :) I am still waiting for more parts BUT I can still build and get the amps hooked up this weekend and hope to do some flying and testing :)

Reactions: Rnl
change of plans on the layout :( so I had to order more parts :( darn it!!!!! but I still may hook up amps "temporary" this weekend :)

I got this done last night 15dbi omni antennas on stock remote controller I had to build a antenna "holder" to keep the antennas in position due to the length of the antennas they didn't want to hold their positions.... I hope to test this weekend weather permitting.. I will be testing WITHOUT amps...

also the holder is made out of wood so don't interfere with antennas! from the "bend" there are 22 1/2 inches long! the stock antenna are 2 3/4 from the "bend" if I recall right I think the stock antennas are 6dbi

stock controller ( and stock go app 4) puts out 0.398 watts (US) using a 6dbi antena (stock antenna)

calculated number on ERP watts

stock controller with stock antenna 6dbi = 0.966 watts

stock controller with a 15dbi = 7.67 watts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
or if you want the EIRP watts that would be

stock controller with a 6dbi antenna ( stock antenna) = 1.58 watts

stock controller with a 15dbi = 12.585 watts

15dbi ant.JPG

Last edited:
also the more I think about this the more I am starting to think its a waste to put a TX/RX on the right side of controller! the right side is only RX so why waste the space on a RX/TX amp might as well just get a bigger ( higher gain) RX only amp for the right side!!!

It will be interesting to see how that goes for you. I’ve tried those and I was unimpressed, less than stock

It will be interesting to see how that goes for you. I’ve tried those and I was unimpressed, less than stock

ohhh really yes that is interesting hummm did you try it with a amp or no?

Both ways, they just sit now along with many others. But may be different for you I’m in the mountains.

I asked this somewhere before no answwer, why can't you just amp. Tx side on both remote and bird cause I'm not seeing real gain boosting rx side of remote.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78