DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

Mother nature in general.️[emoji235][emoji237], some of my favorites.

ohh yes I know what you mean there! lol lol my family is like why do you need to go out so far?? I say cause its there! lol lol

its funny NO ONE saids a word to me INTILL I start to fly then everyone trys to talk to me or calls/txts me! lol lol

Reactions: Rnl
Droneuser keep up the good work. My setup guess are quite the same as yours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180702-182811.png
    Screenshot_20180702-182811.png
    822.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20180513_194807.jpg
    IMG_20180513_194807.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 96
Droneuser keep up the good work. My setup guess are quite the same as yours.

thanks :) I got my other antennas in hope to test them sometime next week weather permitting I will post results when I get it done :)

here is a video of my 15dbi Omni antenna tower flight! :) sorry it took so long to post :(

I hope to be doing some more flying later this week :) I will be testing my NEW 15 dbi Omni antennas with tower :) here is a video I did comparing my old 15 dbi with my new 15dbi Omni antenna WITHOUT antenna tower

I haven't forgot :) the wind has been very bad around here :( I hope next week to do some more testing :)

Reactions: MrsTreat
also if any one is wondering I am using a ipad mini 4 with ios version 11.2.1 and dji go app 4.2.6 . mavic pro firmware is the newest and weather has been crazy around here :( I hope this weekend and/or during next week to do some test flying again :)

Has anybody considered doing the 4G/LTE unlimited distance mod that you can do on the Parrot Disco and Bebop 2? I understand that the firmware is different between the DJI product and the Parrot....BUT...couldn't you use a Raspberry Pi somehow to "trick" the DJI into accepting this mod?

uavpal/beboptwo4g

Last edited:
Has anybody considered doing the 4G/LTE unlimited distance mod that you can do on the Parrot Disco and Bebop 2? I understand that the firmware is different between the DJI product and the Parrot....BUT...couldn't you use a Raspberry Pi somehow to "trick" the DJI into accepting this mod?

uavpal/beboptwo4g

that is very interesting! if I had to guess (this is only a guess) the firmware in the mavic pro is made in a way that it cant be done :( and is the reason why there is no such mod like this :( I would think if there was it would of been out a long time ago?? but again I really don't know if that is the case :(

from what it sounds like its routed to a web site hum that could be a problem with lag and choppy picture :( and that could vary with the type of internet connection you are having at that time too :( I am not sure if I want to trust my video connection thru a web site :( I can see problems with that :(

This guy has several videos of the mod in action with his Disco...seems rock solid to me until he runs out of 4G signal. It seems as if RTH kicks in if the signal is lost. He ended up finding some 4G again and made the intended trip.

Last edited:
I wonder how bad the lag is and it would depend on your cell service in the area you are flying to its interesting tho I bet it cant be done to the mavic or it would of been out sure interesting tho! hum it has me thinking! :)

and of course in that video he is flying over water I wish people would do theses tests over "normal" areas :)

and of course in that video he is flying over water I wish people would do theses tests over "normal" areas :)

I agree!

Try this video, it shows the transmission from the Disco as well as the recorded video. It's done over mostly residential area.

I'm sorry....I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I've read through this entire thread and I love what you're doing! I just read about the 4G/LTE mod and thought it would be interesting to bring up.

I'm a noob around here so I'm going to just sit back and watch as you continue your antenna and amp testing.

I agree!

Try this video, it shows the transmission from the Disco as well as the recorded video. It's done over mostly residential area.

I'm sorry....I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I've read through this entire thread and I love what you're doing! I just read about the 4G/LTE mod and thought it would be interesting to bring up.

I'm a noob around here so I'm going to just sit back and watch as you continue your antenna and amp testing.

ohhh nooo worries :) its all good :) that is a very interesting it sure has me thinking :)

Did you give up on your testing, haven't heard from you in a while.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC