DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Confused, first video says to point the nose down when calibrating. Surely the nose end is the camera end? The video shows calibration with the back ‘tail’ pointing down. Which is correct or does it not matter?

Thanks, I guess if the MA did not pick up the correct movement then it would not show ok afterwards, it seems it’s not too fussy on the method used.

When I get a calibration window I turn everything off and restart and it goes away- most of the time lol
I have flown over 100 times on my air. Bought it the day of the event from DJI. Like you I have had maybe a couple CCs but that is it. At times when I go to a new location I will get the green GPS but then it asks for a CC. I leave everything on, shut the bird down and then restart and everything is fine...check satellites to be no less than 10 and proceed with my flight.

Mine was asking for compass calibrations all of sudden for every flight. I redid the calibration and made sure I was nose down. Have not had it ask me again, yet. YMMV

I always calibrate on the vertical axis with the nose down. BTW, I never have problems when calibrating in the USA. It is when I take it overseas that it never calibrates. As soon as I'm back home, it works as it should.

I always calibrate on the vertical axis with the nose down. BTW, I never have problems when calibrating in the USA. It is when I take it overseas that it never calibrates. As soon as I'm back home, it works as it should.

Here in Toronto I got a bit issue of calibrating,still new of flying drone but its supposed to be like that?everytime I fly...need to be calibrated

At least you get it to calibrate. I would be happy if my Mavic Air was able to calibrate its compass when overseas.

On the DJI forums, Mavic Air calibration issues have now four separate threads wth people experiencing the same problem I do: the Mavic Air DOES NOT CALIBRATE COMPASS when outside the US. It is not a watch problem or close to metal or whatever, because like with me, people have tried all suggestions. AND once I'm back home it will fly without problems and if it needs CC, it will calibrate on first try (with watch, close to my car, etc.). Has anyone come up with a better understanding on what the problem is? DJI wants a screen shot of when it fails, but I'm reluctant to take it with me on an international trip only to take a screen shot of the calibration window.

I have to calibrate every flight session, even if I return to the exact same spot as before. BTW this is in the "wilds" of NW, NM

Didn't get called to calibrate with my original M2Z, even after 30 days or flying 40 miles away from where I usually do. We'll see if my replacement calls for calibration.

I only fly in random international countries.

I noticed an improvement in my calibration luck when I changed my technique. I am curious if anyone else who is having troubles would see an improvement.

In the previous calibration video, the drone is held in front of the body and it is spun 360 degrees. This sometimes would work, sometimes not, and I'd be running all over trying to find a spot with less mystery interference.

What I do now:

Hold the drone in one hand, directly overhead. Turn 360 degrees, then rotate drone to second position (without lowering it), rotate 360 degrees again.

Doing it this way works every time.

It seems to me that rotating the drone ON AXIS gives a better result, then when the drone is rotated in a circle OFF AXIS.

Same issue for me: I have a Mavic Air and I'm on the latest firmware (.0500). Everything else is also up-to-date (iOS, DJI Go 4 app).

About 2 out of every 3 times I turn on the Air, it will ask to calibrate - but only on the first flight of a day. Subsequent flights after calibration will be fine on that same day.

I have taken all the precautions:
- far away from any cars
- without wearing a smartwatch
- remote/phone not nearby
- not turning the Air upside down when switching it on, and holding it as close to the ground as possible while pressing the power button

I was thinking about having it replaced, but after reading from others in other threads that a replacement drone (or even 2) didn't solve the issue, I think I'll just keep it that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom