DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you seen similar problems on your MM video? (only respond if you have a mavic mini)

• Total voters
@ThorDar Thanks! And presumably no - what can we call it? - "curtain effect" on the bottom edge of video from the MPro?

@ThorDar Thanks! And presumably no - what can we call it? - "curtain effect" on the bottom edge of video from the MPro?

It's not an issue with the MPro. I've never seen it reported. Which indicates to me that the extra six rows is not the cause. Something else is causing it on the Mini.

BTW, I can't replicate it with my Mini. Though I do see it on the sample videos linked elsewhere in this thread when I play them on my computer.

It's not an issue with the MPro. I've never seen it reported. Which indicates to me that the extra six rows is not the cause. Something else is causing it on the Mini.

BTW, I can't replicate it with my Mini. Though I do see it on the sample videos linked elsewhere in this thread when I play them on my computer.
Very strange. the fact videos with the issue don't show the issue in certain players does suggests its something specific in the video meta though

I would put it down to the codecs used on your device/machine used for playback and whether the device/machine is able to process all its data/info
Edit; is the MM using a crappy chip that makes this hit the fan with certain processing?

@ThorDar , interesting, I never shot 2.7k with the original Mavic Pro, so I have no clips. Could you provide a small one for further investigation?
___

BTW, 2.7k from the Mavic 2 Pro is 2688 x 1512 px, so no problems with 16px Macrolocks there.

And now it gets weird:
P4P has 2720 x 1530 px in 2,7k too, without a tag "Original Height", but with "Sample Height" of 1530 and with a "Stored_Height" of 1536.

Strange...

Last edited:
I would put it down to the codecs used on your device/machine used for playback and whether the device/machine is able to process all its data/info
Edit; is the MM using a crappy chip that makes this hit the fan with certain processing?
The line of fuzz remains when you upload to youtube though and you'd assume they'd have the codecs to process correctly

Maybe the EU has put a silly restriction on it because it's an outdoor WiFi device?
Edit; Does this happen when using 2.4 or 5 Gig' Bands? is that the reason eh!!!

@SpinItUp
The video stream inside the container is fine, the problem occurs by the individual player interpreting the metadata from the container.

Look at post #219, changing only metadata there....

Last edited:
Reactions: SpinItUp
Maybe the EU has put a silly restriction on it because it's an outdoor WiFi device?
Edit; Does this happen when using 2.4 or 5 Gig' Bands? is that the reason eh!!!
Sorry this doesn't make any sense. The video is stored on the SD card. There's no wifi inbetween. And wifi wouldn't affect pixel count

The EU made up rules for bendy bananas so nothings beyond making sense to them
Haha that was largely misreported. THey don't randomly make videos fuzzy :D. ALso i've seen this issue on multiple US versions

Hello - First time poster and first time DJI drone owner in the US on the FCC version.

I wanted to let you guys know that I reported this same issue to DJI on 11/22 and received a similar "weaksauce" response on 11/29 but with an important additional sentence: "We will release new firmware to fix this issue finally."

Here is the email response I received from DJI on 11/29:

Nov 29, 2019, 7:28 PM (6 days ago)

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

This is to inform you that we have already received a resolution from our Engineers in regards to the issue you are having with your Mavic Mini. As per their response, because the default resolution of 2.7k is 2720 x 1536, but the video resolution of 2.7k is 2720 x 1530, so there will be a difference of 6 pixels at the bottom resulting to have a noticeable horizontal line of distortion at the bottom edge of the video.

To resolve the issue, please use a professional player (such as Potplayer) to play the video. If the player you used has hardware decoding and software decoding, if you choose hardware decoding, this phenomenon will occur, kindly use software decoding instead. This matter will be resolved when editing videos with editing software.

We will release new firmware to fix this issue finally.

I hope this information helps and your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI products and have a good day.

Best Regards,

Jess
DJI Technical Support

Hello - First time poster and first time DJI drone owner in the US on the FCC version.

I wanted to let you guys know that I reported this same issue to DJI on 11/22 and received a similar "weaksauce" response on 11/29 but with an important additional sentence: "We will release new firmware to fix this issue finally."

Here is the email response I received from DJI on 11/29:

Nov 29, 2019, 7:28 PM (6 days ago)

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

This is to inform you that we have already received a resolution from our Engineers in regards to the issue you are having with your Mavic Mini. As per their response, because the default resolution of 2.7k is 2720 x 1536, but the video resolution of 2.7k is 2720 x 1530, so there will be a difference of 6 pixels at the bottom resulting to have a noticeable horizontal line of distortion at the bottom edge of the video.

To resolve the issue, please use a professional player (such as Potplayer) to play the video. If the player you used has hardware decoding and software decoding, if you choose hardware decoding, this phenomenon will occur, kindly use software decoding instead. This matter will be resolved when editing videos with editing software.

We will release new firmware to fix this issue finally.

I hope this information helps and your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI products and have a good day.

Best Regards,

Jess
DJI Technical Support
Very good! Finally confirmation of a fix in the works!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78