DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

The sheet in post #339 does, that is a spec for one of my panels not yours. But yours can not be that much different that does list vertical and horizontal

yes but i am thinking all panels are like that???? maybe the more $$$ panels have both?? i don't know

The polarization is listed as vertical, you want to match sending and receiving antenna polarization the bird is vertical, unless it’s falling from the sky but the beam is both

The polarization is listed as vertical, you want to match sending and receiving antenna polarization the bird is vertical, unless it’s falling from the sky but the beam is both

So what happens if you don't match it? I will have to adjust the panel more? meaning aim panel up as i go up? if that makes any sense..lol

to me "vertical" just means i wont have to adjust as much as iam climbing in height? is this correct?

Try it and verify results, I’m not a antenna guy I just been always told match send and receive signals. But can’t explain it. I know vertical works best for me.

to me "vertical" just means i wont have to adjust as much as iam climbing in height? is this correct?

I don’t think it will improve much if your panel has a 30degree horizontal and 25 degree vertical there is not much difference but the signal will be 90 gegrees off to the aircraft if turned on its side and it most likely will mean loss of
Signal transmitted

Try it and verify results, I’m not a antenna guy I just been always told match send and receive signals. But can’t explain it. I know vertical works best for me.

ok i will but to me that's what i think "vertical" means

i will try it and will post data :)

ya i am not sure what my panel has :(

the way i see the pattern that's what its tells me but who knows what my panel has :(

The info i was reading last nite on wifi panels do tell people for distance turn it 90 degrees However they were talking about a true wifi signal not a drone

Reactions: Rnl
on a side note I do know the info out there said Omni (whip) antennas are best for trees, etc which it seems to be the case for me as of right now ( 15 dbi 4 watt amps) but of course I have to play and test lol

new panel mounts are done hopefully will test soon :)

Two panels each side better coverage. Like the idea, but man you can rap up some [emoji383] guick.

Two panels each side better coverage. Like the idea, but man you can rap up some [emoji383] guick.

ohh yes that's for sure!!!! :(

A lot of reading but it just shows many have used them and they do work, I think your biggest issue is clear LOS
I think DIgdat0 did sometime like 71,000 feet one way then back on a phantom it’s in there, towards the end

A lot of reading but it just shows many have used them and they do work, I think your biggest issue is clear LOS
I think DIgdat0 did sometime like 71,000 feet one way then back on a phantom it’s in there, towards the end

trees and hills but if I stay of course above them I will be ok but its the trees that are killing my signal even before I get to the hills :(

trees and hills but if I stay of course above them I will be ok but its the trees that are killing my signal even before I get to the hills :(
You should try one of Rexuav’s silver CP antennas, I’ve heard from @CyberNate that they work wonders through trees, buildings, and interference when boosted.

You should try one of Rexuav’s silver CP antennas, I’ve heard from @CyberNate that they work wonders through trees, buildings, and interference when boosted.

I will keep that in mind thanks :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14