DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

will post video in a few mins sorry just uploading

I did 4.7 today but didn't make it home, had to use one of my emergency landing spots.

I did 4.7 today but didn't make it home, had to use one of my emergency landing spots.

that's really good!!! how far away was the landing spot? and time for a battery mod :)

ohhh that sucks!!! can you drive there? atv? or had to walk? also I am planning on re-testing the 15 dbi antennas and the 9dbi what height were you flying when you tested those?

ohh ok that's not to bad then ! and ok I will fly the same height!

did you pull the data from thoses antennas? or no?

I would assume you went by Hd signal?

Yes, at that distance had 2 bars HD, 3 bars signal.

Yes, at that distance had 2 bars HD, 3 bars signal.

and then as with me to battery became a problem :( but ok I will test both antenna at that height :) I may be able to tomn after noon pending weather.

did you pull data from those flights? I am wondering what ( if any) errors you got

ok after checking it over I am going to have to change the flight path. since I am pushing the batteries to the limit I need to find a better emergency landing spots. my "old" flight path has to many trees and is harder to access it if I need to. so with that being said the new flight path will be closer to a road so if I need to get the Mavic due to a emergency landing I will be able too!

I checked the new flight path with airmap and its looking good! :)

I hope to get some flight time in yet today!

also keep in mind the trees don't have leaves yet! that's going to kill me even more! hum I am going to have to find a better spot to sit at!

Last edited:
This will be the new flight path, still some trees but not as bad and "closer" to a road! just in case I have to do a emergency landing! then I can drive to the road and park car and walk out 200 feet or so and get the Mavic!

new flight.jpg

1524537263215.pngI fly parallel to that road you see going from bottom to top, on the left. It's about five miles showing in that pic.

I'm guessing your new flight path will have better results.

yes that's what I am doing to do too fly parallel to the road..as for better results I am not sure if I will or not d*** trees are killing me! lol if I could be above the trees that would really help! but my house is just a one story :( the thing is wait when there are leaves on the trees that's going to even make it worst :(

I may have to climb a tree! lol lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom