DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

do you have a lot of trees between you and the mavic? I know you are on a second floor so that helps

I did some distance tests today with the new flight path HOWEVER I just notice my height and distance are off on the controller and the app :( So I don't know if this just happened now?? or its been off from day one?? I am thinking it just happen now..i posted a thread on in under the help I will calibrate sensors tomn hopefully that will fix it!

but I will still post the data on the two antennas later tonite :)

as I said above my height was wrong today...I think the distance was off alitte too cause when the mavic was 10 feet away it said 3 feet away... so it wasn't off by much.. so the distance should be some what close..

here is the data for the new flight path with the 9 dbi Omni antennas with 4 watt amps

Capture_04252018_171846.jpg
data.jpg

here is the 15dbi Omni antenna 4 watt amps new flight path

new flight 15 dbi 4 watt amps.jpg

data.jpg

looks like the 15 dbi antenna gives me more distance BUT also has more signal errors to! compare to the 9 dbi antenna

once I get my height reading problem fixed I will get back to the panel antennas and do some more testing :)

Sorry late to reply, yes I have trees but they are only down fence lines, not a block of woods. When I do cross woods it's at a distance, so signal by then I assume is spread more to help me. Your woods seem to be shortly after take off, which to me would block more signal.

You didn't go much further with the 15s they don't impress me, had same results with mine.

Remember mnoutdoors didn't have good results either. I'm thinking we get what we pay for, mine 9s do way better. Yes I paid a good price for them but they out do my $12.00 15s.

yes my woods are like that which is killing me :( and ya my 15 don't impress me too I am glad I didn't pay much for them!

I made a TV sun hood :) to windy today to fly hopefully tomn :)

Did you give up, leaves are coming better getter done.

nooo it was to windy this past weekend :( now they are saying rain is coming :( so hopefully later in the week or this weekend :) and when I did take It up for a short flight I had imu , compass, etc errros I hope a recal will fix it :)

Did you get a battery clip, with your tinkering skills you should make us one.

Did you get a battery clip, with your tinkering skills you should make us one.

no not yet...lol I see they sell a battery clip that lets you hook up more batteries to the mavic but last time I looked they were out of stock :(

I wish I had a 3d printer!! that's for sure!!! lol lol

YouTube. Battery clip for mavic by cruzroy made his own. Check it out.

ok I will check that out! also I have a "secret" coming in the mail wont be in for about a week once I get it I will do some testing and will post data good or bad :)

To help compare things I made it easier for people to read It :)

6 dbi compare .jpg

9 dbi compare.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard