DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

I got the mount done I made it so I can put it back to the vertical way if I need to

panel 90.JPG

Fyi the weather is killing me hopefully this week sometime I will test panels more

lol I know I should! lol but then I wont be able to find anything! lol lol

Reactions: Rnl
Had a chance to do a flight this data is from a 14 dbi panel FLIPPED 90 degrees. The only thing I found out is I had to spend time adjusting the antenna so the Mavic was hovering during this time which used up battery so I had to turn around and come back due to battery getting low :( I think I could of went out further this weekend if weather is good and if I have time I am going to try another flight. This was the SAME flight path as my other tests were

data.jpg

Last edited:
I also did another flight with the 15 dbi Omni antenna with 4 watt amps.. here is the data for that HOWEVER this flight I went a different path just cause I wanted to fly some place different..lol

data 2.jpg

1524340664226.png Tried this 15dbi, the 9dbi I got from Titan out does them.

Battery is a problem now, think I'll start with the clip.

Battery is a problem now, think I'll start with the clip.

yes I am thinking of the clip too do you have a link for that? and I don't follow what you mean on the 15dbi ant ? the one you posted the 9 dbi does better? if so what would I try thoses?

I got some 15 dbi antennas, been testing them for two days, the 9 dbi antennas I bought from Titan keep a stronger signal.

So I'm thinking quality of antennas are way different, even though they are 15dbi they aren't tuned as good as the 9dbi.

Guessing you would have different results with different antennas of same dbi.

I got some 15 dbi antennas, been testing them for two days, the 9 dbi antennas I bought from Titan keep a stronger signal.

ahhh ok have you check the signal with air data site? maybe its stronger BUT its picking up more inferences :(

Last edited:
I have a new way to record WHILE using the dji goggles in HDMI mode!!! so now I can see the HD signal in the goggles!!! :)

notice video is in HD format :) just a small test video :)

so now hopefully I can do better testing and wont have to take goggles off to look at HD signal! :)

Reactions: Rnl
I did some test flights today ( not for distance) to test the recorder! seems to work good! I just have to get used to the dji goggles in HDMI mode compare to using them normal! The only thing I would say I don't like about using the goggles in HDMI mode is that "every" little screen glitch the tablet has you also see that in the goggles.

here is a small flights video of this

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60