DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

my thought is to put the passive relay on a pole 20 feet or so high! then the panel antenna ( amp in) would face toward the pilot that is on the ground! "theoretical" it should work!

I already have panels, amp , Omni antennas :)

Reactions: Rnl
Like your thinking, worth a shot.

ya its worth a shot I hope to run a few tests later this week with out the "pole" just to see if it will work

well I my "secret" in today hum I am not very sure on this! lol I think the seller has it marked wrong! good thing it was cheap...lol

anyways windy now maybe later I will test and we will see how this works!

I will post results when I test

ohh I will once the weather lets me now looks like rain :( but still to wind :(

Well I did get some flight time in :) so the secret was going to be this 18dbi Omni antenna BUT

This being an 18dbi Omni antenna I was not very impressed with it ( I had that feeling when I saw it) but it was cheap and worth a try :) so to sum it up to date the 15 dbi antennas have a little more BUT not much and they being sooo darn tall I would recommend the 9 dbi antennas :) best bang for the buck and not tall like the 15dbi antennas!

here is the data WITH 4 watt amps :) the chart got cutoff BUT you get the idea :)

18dbi amp.jpg

next plan is to run a modded app BUT without the boost ( I don't want to overdrive the amps) I want to try different freq to see if it will help :)

not good to overdrive them it will make them heat up even more!

Reactions: Rnl
as for the passive relay idea it has way to much db loss :( so back to the drawing board on that too! :(

Well, a friend of mine a Ham Radio guy moved to town so he offered his 65 foot Aluminium self supporting antenna tower to me with a tip base. So I guess I will incorporate it into my Minnesota location I normally fly from a open field on our property but now if I install the antenna I can fly from my shop. I will mount a 4g yagi on it also for better internet in the shop also. I also have flown from our golf cart and drive around to different locations and have flown from inside my Polaris ranger cab with external mounted antennas before also.

Reactions: beanbubba
wow that's what I need!! a tower!! lol lol where in Minnesota ?

Central Minnesota north of St Cloud, have a cabin also up by the Canadian Border also where I fly but always on the US side :)

Central Minnesota north of St Cloud, have a cabin also up by the Canadian Border also where I fly but always on the US side :)

ahh ok ya St Cloud is about 3-4 hours away from me so your kinda close to my neck of the woods :)

I am about 15-20 mins from La Crosse Wi if you know where that is at :)

Sorry to crash the thread... Are the antennas on the Mavic remote dual band or is one 2.4GHz and the other 5.8GHz?

I'm considering doing a control mod, but want to know if I need a 2.4GHz and a 5 8GHz booster or if I need 2x 2.4/5.8GHz dual band units. Thanks.

nooo problem crash away :) they are 2.4ghz on the mavic however a dual band antenna will work to :) just make sure its NOT just 5ghz only!!!!

yes mavic only tx and rx on 2.4ghz only when using the remote control

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi