DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

The 9 wasn't either for me, wish we could just amp. the original antenna's.

The 9 wasn't either for me, wish we could just amp. the original antenna's.

a person could if they solder on a connector but just as easy to replaced them with another antenna that hopefully has more dbi....keyword hopefully lol

but its good to know about your 9dbi antenna cause if you bought those from titan and you had that result I don't feel as bad that my 9dbi did too. but I feel bad you paid a lot more then I did tho for that 9dbi antenna :(

The 9 amped seems best so far, want to try more having fun with this. Went in atti mode today 3 miles out, that got the heart rate going.

The 9 amped seems best so far, want to try more having fun with this. Went in atti mode today 3 miles out, that got the heart rate going.

ohhh yes I know what you mean there!!!! I am sure as you know its best to drop height asap when that happens and sport mode if need to get thru the wind

any idea why yours did that?

Keep in mind I fly over farmland, one field after another. Had camera but every field looks the same.

Keep in mind I fly over farmland, one field after another. Had camera but every field looks the same.

any idea why that happen? was there any metal around?? as you know when that happens without gps its harder to find mavic if its crash's hence why I installed tracker

Had camera to fly by just no GPS, wind wasn't a problem, just flew towards home till it picked it up again. Have no clue why only second time 16 months of flying.

Had camera to fly by just no GPS, wind wasn't a problem, just flew towards home till it picked it up again. Have no clue why only second time 16 months of flying.

they say end of the week should be nice out so I am hoping to get some testing in then :) I had that happen to and I never did figure out why :( maybe the KB reading got higher that day and cause that? not sure tho

here is a short video on my controller amp mod :) a video explains more then pictures :)

let me know if the video plays ok....I have been getting played back errors not sure if its my end or youtube!

Reactions: Rnl
look at what came in today :) my 14dbi panels :) I have to figure out a way yet to mount them to my controller maybe this weekend but only if weather is bad that's when I will work on the panels :)if its nice out I will be flying and getting info/data on those ants :)

panels .JPG

Reactions: ghost
Are those brackets to hold panels??

yes they came with the panels I am going to try to make smaller ones

Nice let us know how much difference it makes.

looks good! I am also interested on how much more distance you can go :)
I haven't had the time to test yet but Im in a ce country and also right in a city area I tested the amps before I made the mount I got only 200 meters extra with two 2s lipo batterys powering the amps one battery each amp but I now have them parallel wired to a 12v powerbank so will try to test tonight but with my current location lots of tall buildings and houses not a park or open field in sight but will keep you updated

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito