DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

Reactions: Rnl
Droneuser have you tried your amps with antennas yet. Then do panel.

no I haven't but I will and will post the data!! ohhh as for panels let me get the link for ya sorry about that just saw that post

Last edited:
ya I know they are white I may paint them black :)

ok I got the amps all done :) I decided to only install one digital meter. after I thought about it one digital meter will be good enough it will show total current draw so not hard to figure out if a amp gets weak by the current draw. meter also shows battery voltage for the amps :) I made it out of wood I am lucky enough to have access to a wood planer, bandsaw, etc so I got the wood thickness thin and wood is easier to work with than plastic and wood wont cause inference too! I could of put the amps "underneath" more BUT I want to see the leds that are on the amps so that's why I didn't. I also have fans for each amp to help keep them cool :) the reason why I did it underneath cause I didn't want it sticking out further then I need to cause I have panel antennas to install yet. by doing it this way it seems to be more balanced too!

I haven't tested it yet I hope to this weekend but the weather around here just been bad :(

amp done 1.JPG

amp done 2.JPG

amp dome 3.JPG
amp done 4.JPG

amp done 5.JPG

Last edited:
my panels antennas should be in I hope next week sometime :)

Did you get any flying done???

no to cold today :( hopefully tomn but who knows with the weather around here :(

Flying alot today, this setup is doing what I wanted. Flying at 150 ft going 4 miles with 4 bars left when I have to turn around. Had to play fetch twice now. Small battery mod. next I guess.

Cold here too, this upstairs idea is working great...

Flying alot today, this setup is doing what I wanted. Flying at 150 ft going 4 miles with 4 bars left when I have to turn around. Had to play fetch twice now. Small battery mod. next I guess.

wow that's good!!! what antennas are you using? and you are running the titan too!! I don't recall if that is 4 watt or 3 watt?

Not having any luck with the 9 dbi panel

Might tear it apart make sure it's wires aren't loose.

9dbi ant. Not sure how many amps.

ohh ok yup that's right you said that before (sorry I am old and forget..lol) it will be interesting to see what I get for distance with my amps and 9 dbi antennas! :)

15 dbi ant. amp. That's what I'm waiting to see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon90