DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

ok here is the info on the 15 dbi omni antenna NO AMPS!! ...not very good YES I could of went higher but I am trying to keep the data the same so I will be trying to stick to the 150ish feet.. it is a cloudy day maybe that had something to do with it????? I am going by the HD ( video) signal not the Rx however the more I think about it maybe I should go by controller signal??? but I figure what good is it if you have controller signal but you cant see????

View attachment 34734

Do you have air Data? Look at your signal error numbers

AFEB35B3-8ABF-46F9-A41F-37A7B965BFE6.png
he got the titan amp one which if I recall is 4 watts

I believe they are less then 4W

This is what you want to see this was with my 14dbi panel and the 4w dragon-dove amps
Remember the mountain is 990 feet above my takeoff point so that’s why the alt numbers are high

This is a good reference to look at for antenna mods, the lower the number the better

ok I got the app it I have to sync the logs with dji first

ok I got them sync where is that screen that tells signal errors?

ok cool thanks I will add that info to that post!

It's the one that comes with switch from Titan

ok I add that data to the post above

I would add that data to my stock flights in this post but I delete the go app to play with 4.1.12 version app :(

It's the one that comes with switch from Titan
You did not happen to turn the unit on without a antenna attached to the qma connectors ?
James @ Titan would have to answer the question but I know on most amps if you turn them on without a load
( antenna ) It can cause them to burn out

Many new amps can be run without load, the older amps can not

here is the 9dbi Omni antenna NO AMPS.... flight

9 dbi ant.jpg

Here is the air data for that flight!

9 dbi ant data.jpg

here is the 6 dbi Omni antenna NO amps!! This is the antenna that comes with the amps since I couldn't put the stock antenna back on I thought I would use this antenna...if I recall right I think a stock antenna is 6 dbi...yes I did go higher by mistake just a fyi

6 dbi ant.jpg

Here is the air date for this flight!

6 dbi ant data.jpg

Looking at your data reveals another downfall to the omnis they suck up interference from everyone’s WiFi
The panels will get some also but not as bad as the omnis in my opinion

Looking at your data reveals another downfall to the omnis they suck up interference from everyone’s WiFi
The panels will get some also but not as bad as the omnis in my opinion

I would assume cause of the numbers go high due to inference in that area? do you by chance have any links for small panels? I need some portable :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
compact_disc