DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My amp/antenna build and distance test (I will update thread as i go)

That's what I'm doing but it's a house station, now I'm going out 2nd story window, when I find the right combo of amps and antenna I will mount on roof with a rotating remote pole. ($79.00)

That's what I'm doing but it's a house station, now I'm going out 2nd story window, when I find the right combo of amps and antenna I will mount on roof with a rotating remote pole. ($79.00)

yes any height you can get helps!!! can you see picture now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rnl
Here is data on the 14 dbi panel antennas...I know there are a directional antenna...but I was hoping it would of fan out more..i tried to adjusted the antennas I best I could but I end up coming back sooner... I am going to try another flight hopefully this weekend...it was cloudy today too just a fyi

As you can see by the data not so good :(

panel data.jpg

Did the bird not make it home ? 1256 ft as Z
Fly the same route higher once and pay attention to the plane of the antennas vertical and horizontal

Did the bird not make it home ? 1256 ft as Z
Fly the same route higher once and pay attention to the plane of the antennas vertical and horizontal

noo bird made it home sorry that got cut off :(

here is the flight path for that data

flight path.jpg

yes I will do another flight hopefully this weekend and I will pay attention to the plane of the antennas vertical and horizontal

sounds like rain for the next 3 or so days!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

8FBC1C69-3D20-4F7B-8925-BF4A6F9DC570.png You will get there, keep perfecting it takes patience. My son patience. And trial and errors then no errors :)
And a good clear LOS, data is not a Mavic it’s a phantom 3 heavily moded

With 20DBI panels and undisclosed amps

Last edited:
Managed to get this far with no amps on 5.8ghz using mavic cool helical 16 dbi antennas and kept he signal decided to try due to not trusting the battery to make it home View attachment 35794

that's not bad!! yea the 5.8ghz is a cleaner then 2.4ghz I don't think to many people are using the 5.8 for wifi cause most device cant do that unless you buy an wireless network adapter...

View attachment 35752 You will get there, keep perfecting it takes patience. My son patience. And trial and errors then no errors :)
And a good clear LOS, data is not a Mavic it’s a phantom 3 heavily moded

With 20DBI panels and undisclosed amps

lol that is true! undisclosed amps? if I may ask why cant you say what amps? :)

They far exceed the Needed capacity and don’t want someone thinking they need one so big
I’ve done it with much less since then

They far exceed the Needed capacity and don’t want someone thinking they need one so big
I’ve done it with much less since then

but the question is...is the RX gain better?? I need RX for my HD signal :)

Well zero loss of signal at that distance, it is doable with far less. Let’s just say I could have used a coat hanger with that amp. it’s not a amp that i would have even used if I did not have it. Surplus. new it would cost way to much nor would I want to be around it with that much power for long.

Well zero loss of signal at that distance, it is doable with far less. Let’s just say I could have used a coat hanger with that amp. it’s not a amp that i would have even used if I did not have it. Surplus. new it would cost way to much nor would I want to be around it with that much power for long.

ahhh ok I see what you mean

Also after some thinking I think with the panels you cant really hold them in the position that is need at that time to get a better signal if that makes any sense...lol

So I took a camera tripod and mounted the panels on there. I think this will hold the position and be more precise then to hold it with your hands

panels.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming