Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you believe in UFOs?

• Yes

Votes: 52 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 27.8%

• Total voters
Those same greeks also 'believed' in flaming carriages out of the skies. They knew about constellations and indeed they knew the earth was round.

But was it the same Greeks, or different Greeks? I'm sure that they were about as unanimous in their opinions as we are.

I agree with the sentiment, but I don't think it's fair to say that science every said that the earth was flat. Scientific consensus has been either wrong or incomplete on plenty of other issues though.
Sure, it was mainly politics and religion that told the scientist what to 'discover' and prove. Just like now actually.

Reactions: sar104
Those same greeks also 'believed' in flaming carriages out of the skies. They knew about constellations and indeed they knew the earth was round.

There is a vast difference between a belief and a proven fact. While the Greeks, like most cultures, had some eccentric beliefs, they also applied logic and proved with proper math that the earth was round.

Going back on course, we know a few things in life.

There is always going to be someone better that you / more advanced or talented in something you aren't perhaps it could be observation and transportation technologies. Could that not be the same for speices on a nearby planet?

From what I have seen and heard of UFO flight is the movement is jerky erratic, organic (like a bug or animal) and very fast. Faster than anything we have but somewhat similar to drone movement.

Whist I am not going to say I saw anything, if we are to capture this amazing planet on our UAS we should have a right to know and respect whatever else might be out there.

We have to go upon the fact we are developing constantly as a species (from thinking we would fall off the edge of the earth and leeches for medicine) there is a very good chance there is someone or something out there that had a Big Bang way before us and they got some different composite alloys thrown into the mix. Possibly something to that effect that enables this kind of aircraft to be created.

I believe we are an advanced species but for some reason I feel our technology is too advanced for our culture and psychology.

In terms of needing evidence. Scientists also theorise in order to come to conclusions too.. Also juding by the way these "Santa Claus" UFOs move they are way more advanced to leave a trace.

Would you? I mean does David Attenborough talk the the animals before he films and studies them for his show?

Last edited:
UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, and my Mavic would be classified as such by someone that did not know what it was.

If we are talking about space travelers, I believe that with the hundreds of trillions of stars with orbiting planets, we cannot be the only one with life. The questions are what type of life, is it capable of space travel, and if so would it have picked Earth out of all the planets to explore in the small window of time that we are here?

Getting back to the OP's original question, I have not captured UFO footage and would be skeptical of any single source footage. It has become so easy to manipulate photos and videos that unless the sighting were recorded on multiple unrelated sources, I think it is more likely that someone manipulated the video than recorded actual visitors from space.

Last edited:
Reactions: melmartin
UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, and my Mavic would be classified as such by someone that did not know what it was.

If we are talking about space travelers, I believe that with the hundreds of billions of stars with orbiting planets, we cannot be the only one with life. The questions are what type of life, is it capable of space travel, and if so would it have picked Earth out of all the planets to explore in the small window of time that we are here?

Getting back to the OP's original question, I have not captured UFO footage and would be skeptical of any single source footage. It has become so easy to manipulate photos and videos that unless the sighting were recorded on multiple unrelated sources, I think it is more likely that someone manipulated the video than recorded actual visitors from space.
That is precisely why we should fly drones with more than one camera on board to verify images... :) A date stamped mobius video strapped to the drone with video might do...

So billion of planets in the universe but we are the only intelligent species?

There are actually an infinite number of planets, since the universe is infinite. Following this logic there are an infinite number of planets exactly like Earth.

There are actually an infinite number of planets, since the universe is infinite. Following this logic there are an infinite number of planets exactly like Earth.

It's not been established whether the universe is infinite or finite in extent.

So billion of planets in the universe but we are the only intelligent species?
That's not at all what dvarapala said. I agree with him that "Unidentified" means Unidentified. I see stuff all the time that I can't identify, sometimes it's flying.

Reactions: dvarapala
It isn't a discussion about the universe and how vast it is. It is a discussion as to whether we have been visited by aliens and the OP asking if drone pilot had photographed alien vehicles.

Anything else is a distraction. Even tho there may be millions of intelligent civilizations 'out there' that does not lead to a conclusion that we have ever been visited, and absent any credible evidence at all, we are left with a lonely and so far unvisited planet.

Reactions: FUTURE_PRODUCTIONS
there was a famous case in the early 80's in Australia about a family that where travelling across the Nhullabour Plain and where chased and buzzed by a UFO. Their story was rock solid and there was evidence of burning on the roof of the caravan.
Some years later during my time in the military I met a dude that was the pilot of a P3 Orion Aircraft that was flying up from the Bite and saw a car and van travelling along the highway. He stupidly (he readily admits how stupip this was, now) he decided to come up from behind and hit it with his submarine search light. He then buzzed it at a very low level pulling up as he passed over it. The burnt roof? most older caravans in Australia have burnt roofs, its bloody hot here.

having told that story, yes I do still believe in something as ive seen some unexplainable things, but there are lots of things that can be explained if all facts are known

I’ve seen but not photographed what looked like a satillite, traveling at least 7 miles up, and I observed it making 90 degree turns at extreme speed and I do mean 90 degrees sharp!! No curving turns!! then covering from horizon to horizon in seconds!!! I’ve never seen anything move as fast since, nothing human could survive the speed this thing exhibited!!! And I know we have nothing that fast!!!

I thought I would throw this out there. When hearing from various different sources aviation pilots in the military and commercial have seen some strange stuff going on in the sky. These reputable pilots have all come out and said the same thing many times and I'm willing to bet these brave people have been ridiculed for something that can actually be quite possible.

Has anyone else seen or captured any funny stuff in the sky whilst flying? Do share your images and stories.

I believe NASA even has a slang code word for UFO (Santa Clause) etc so UFOs are very real. We are actually flying them ourselves and 40 years ago if we saw a Mavic in the sky I am sure people would have freaked out and thought it was some tech not from this earth... Lol

It's easier for people to deny stuff like this and try and defame them if any percentage of their encounter is true, but this is not sustainable. Is every person that has seen a UFO or some strange stuff in the sky - a tinfoil hat wearing nutcase?

A pretty immature way of keeping a closed mind about the planet you live on.

Anyways will all the drones flying around sooner or later something is going to be captured even if we are not flying high altitude...
I thought I would throw this out there. When hearing from various different sources aviation pilots in the military and commercial have seen some strange stuff going on in the sky. These reputable pilots have all come out and said the same thing many times and I'm willing to bet these brave people have been ridiculed for something that can actually be quite possible.

Has anyone else seen or captured any funny stuff in the sky whilst flying? Do share your images and stories.

I believe NASA even has a slang code word for UFO (Santa Clause) etc so UFOs are very real. We are actually flying them ourselves and 40 years ago if we saw a Mavic in the sky I am sure people would have freaked out and thought it was some tech not from this earth... Lol

It's easier for people to deny stuff like this and try and defame them if any percentage of their encounter is true, but this is not sustainable. Is every person that has seen a UFO or some strange stuff in the sky - a tinfoil hat wearing nutcase?

A pretty immature way of keeping a closed mind about the planet you live on.

Anyways will all the drones flying around sooner or later something is going to be captured even if we are not flying high altitude...
Fascinating discussion here, have to put my 2 cents in along with everybody else.
Just happen to have some information going back to 1952, its called the year of UFO's.
This was the year the greatest number of UFO sightings received by the U.S. Air
technical intelligence Command was recorded in 1952: 1,501. Early in March 1952, with increased numbers of sightings, in the U.S. Air force decided to create a separate organization called Project Blue Book. During that year of intense UFO activity, the sightings were diverse and many. In 1966 Gerald R Ford, then a congressman from Michigan, was credited with calling for another federal investigation of UFO"s.
At the conclusion of this study,the Condon report was issued. Among other things,
it said that " nothing has come from the study of UFO"s in the past 21 years that has added to scientific knowledge...that further extensive study of UFO's probably cannot
be justified in the expectation that science will be advanced thereby".
This ended the official involvement of the U.S. government in the study of UFO"s and
and in addition tended to cool public curiosity. It did not, however, end the UFO controversy, nor was it the end of UFO sightings. Interest in UFO's seemed to rise and fall along with waves of sightings. Outstanding were the years of 1973 and 1974, when UFO"s were observed. With the arrival of the 1980"s , reports were again in the news.
Question is what have scientists and other experts concluded in more recent years?
Here we are again discussing UFO sightings, seems to be a on going thing.
Science has told us just 500 years ago the earth was flat, that some people had to disprove the myth by sailing the edge of the earth. And, they did not fall of.
My point is not to be taken in "See to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy
and empty deceit according to human tradition, and according to elemental spirits of the universe". A very famous writer once wrote those words, I try not to be taken in by philosophy's of others. For instance, check on line about a society called "The Flat earth society really exists. Called them to see if they were for real, believing in this day and age that the earth was FLAT. These collage educated men, think like this, and they will not budge on how they think. Any way, Happy Hovering to you.

No. 500 years ago scientists did not believe the world was flat. (Check earlier in this thread for the proof). Thousands of UFO reports, not a single one incontrovertible.

There is likely life in outer space. It is unlikely that it has visited here. It's really a math problem. If you have evidence to the contrary, please contact NASA. They've spent billions looking for life off the earth. Maybe you can help them find it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27