Mavic Air firmware 1.00.0560 released

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
New firmware has been released for the Mavic Air. The release notes state nothing other than the battery level algorithm has been optimized.

It would be nice if DJI explained what "optimized battery level algorithm" meant in the release notes. I guess it's a good sign that they didn't note it's an important update (like they sometimes do).

Firmware updates across all DJI consumer drones have been pretty solid for a while now. It seems DJI's massive growth has given them more resources to throw at testing the updates prior to pushing them out into the wild.

Reactions: stevenqx
It would be nice if DJI explained what "optimized battery level algorithm" meant in the release notes. I guess it's a good sign that they didn't note it's an important update (like they sometimes do).
Yes it would be nice

So the question becomes, do we trust them?
Correct that they are better now than they have been in the past, but I’m still cautious.

Hi, new to this forum. I did the update, mavic Air. The A/C took off and was all over the place, did not hover in place, it was wild, crashed into the side of my house and now have four very scratched up props. So they will need replacing. I had this message pop up "exit forward , backward sensing system" and checked the settings, all sensors were showing on! Admittedly, it is night, Im guessing the street lights wernt enough, so will test tomorrow afternoon, but im super nervous now! I have read pas updates have done this before, is this correct? Also, does firmware roll back fix this? If so, how is it done? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

The A/C took off and was all over the place, did not hover in place, it was wild, crashed into the side of my house and now have four very scratched up props.
The sensors don't work as well (if at all) in poor lighting conditions. When flying at night, you need to give yourself some extra room (just in case things don't go as planned).

I have read pas updates have done this before, is this correct?
I doubt it has anything to do with a firmware update. Try flying during the day and see if you're able to reproduce that issue. If not, then it probably occurred due to poor lightning conditions.

Reactions: penpal
The sensors don't work as well (if at all) in poor lighting conditions. When flying at night, you need to give yourself some extra room (just in case things don't go as planned).

I doubt it has anything to do with a firmware update. Try flying during the day and see if you're able to reproduce that issue. If not, then it probably occurred due to poor lightning conditions.

Thank you.
I will give it a go in the day! I have done one short night flight before, (just last week) and all was good... maybe I just got lucky on that night.

I did the update for one reason and one reason only..... I am interested in any changes in the way the AC worked before the update. I flew inside a dwelling as well as outside. Inside temp. Is 68 degrees F.
Outside is 31 degrees F. Both Daytime flying. Both indoors and outside flying are no different as before the update.
No changes in performance at all.

Reactions: Paul WIngfield
I installed using dji assistant and had to update flysafe database first. it installed so it says but djigo still says need update database but the update fails and dji assistant again says to update and it completes the update but guess what djigo says it need update again.
anyone having problem updating flysafe database?

Don’t think I’ve ever updated a flysafe.
(probably won’t either)

I have several DJI products. I’ve only been grounded one time and that was a temporary no fly zone from a forest fire. Once the fire was out, the zone was not lifted by DJI. I had to get someone from DJI to get it back to normal. I’ve not ever been grounded because of an update issue.

I did the update for one reason and one reason only..... I am interested in any changes in the way the AC worked before the update. I flew inside a dwelling as well as outside. Inside temp. Is 68 degrees F.
Outside is 31 degrees F. Both Daytime flying. Both indoors and outside flying are no different as before the update.
No changes in performance at all.

X2....flew around the yard for about 15 minutes..no issues or perceived difference in A/C performance.

if you never update it wont it ground the drone at some point?
It has never grounded me. It will continue to nag you though until you update it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead